Monday, June 6, 2016

Rowan's Memorial Service

John and I would like to thank everyone who came to celebrate Rowan today.  It just shows how much he was loved.  We know that there are people who were not able to attend for one reason or another, so we have decided to post a recording of his service on here.


This is the slideshow that we put together.  The song that was playing is called Lux Aurumque composed by Eric WhitacreJohn performed this piece with the KMEA Intercollegiate Band in 2005.  This was a live recording of that performance.  



It was a beautiful service for a beautiful little boy.   



Thank you all for reading our story. Writing all of these posts has been a great release for me and I plan to continue posting every so often. 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration of Rowans life! I'm so sorry we couldn't make it today, but you were in my thoughts and prayers all day. Your precious little boy touched more people's hearts than some people do in their entire lifetime. What an amazing little guy! Personally, he has driven me to want to be a NICU nurse even more than before! Who knew such a tiny little miracle could be so powerful?!?! ��Thank you, John and Ashley, for sharing such a special time in your life with all of us! Although I never met Rowan, I know the boys and I quickly became a couple of his biggest cheerleaders, cheering him on during his "Roller Coaster Ride." Please know, we will continue to pray for strength and comfort in the days, weeks and months ahead for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the beautiful memorial service and also for sharing the journey with us via blog. You are a gifted writer and left me with a clearer picture of what your days and weeks were like in the NICU. I ache for you and John and can only imagine how difficult this transition to a new "normal" will be when its nothing like you hoped for. Prayers of peace and comfort over you both. Please keep writing, Ashley. It's a gift to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete